KFMO was purchased by M. L. Steinmetz and MKS Broadcasting in 1992 at which time an impressive upgrade of station facilities and equipment began with a new building, new towers, transmitters and generators to ensure uninterrupted service. B104 was purchased the following year and combined with KFMO to form MKS Broadcasting.
Our stations continue to follow the Collins legacy, with current MKS Broadcasting V.P./General Manager Larry Joseph as past president of Missouri Broadcasters Association and member of various local community organizations. All members of the KFMO/B 104 staff are encouraged to participate in our communities as much as possible.
B104 is the Parkland’s Rock Station. We play a mix of Classic Rock from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s as well as new rock music from the artists of today. We are also the home of the St Louis Cardinals and St Louis Blues in the Parkland. Greg Armbruster hosts “The B Good Morning Show” from 6am to 10am every weekday. Jason Loughary hosts your Mid Day Work Break from 10am to 1pm and Kenny Carrow has the Afternoon Rock Show from 1pm to 7pm. Nights with Alice Cooper can be heard from 7pm to midnight every weekend. Our weekend line up on Saturdays includes Jason Loughary from 6am to Noon and Kenny Carrow from Noon to 7pm. Dee Snyder’s House of Hair airs from 7pm until 10pm. On Sundays Ben Trueblood is on the air from 6am to 8am. Celebrate Jesus with Local Artists starts our religious programming on Sunday Mornings at 8am. Patchwork Pat hosts Grapevine Ministries from 8:30 to 9:30am and we bring recorded services from the Park Hills United Methodist Church from 9:30 to 10:15am. Absolutely 80s with Nina Blackwood airs from 3pm to 6pm. Lizette hosts her Indie and Alternative Rock Show Under Control from 6pm to 8pm. From 8pm to 10pm we play Little Steven’s Underground Garage.
Since 1992, KFMO and B 104 have been honored in all phases of broadcasting by our peers:
- 7 Broadcast Excellence Awards for Station Sponsored Community Events along with 4 Certificates of Merit.
- 3 Broadcast Excellence Awards for Corporate Award for Community Service along with 1 Certificate of Merit.
- 4 Broadcast Excellence Awards for Newscast and
- 3 Certificates of Merit.
- 5 Broadcast Excellence Awards for Sportscast with 2 Certificates of Merit.
- 8 Certificates of Merit for Station Promotions.
- 10 Awards for Play by Play
- The B Team Morning Show is also the reigning Air Talent winner for small market stations in Missouri